Saturday, February 12, 2005

Belated Post

Today tastes like marinara sauce, marscapone cheese, and rain.

I relaize it's Saturday morning, and I promised a Friday update--but that'll have to come later this morning. If that makes sense, I had nothing to do with it.

Let me back up.

I got home from work last night, and took another series of photos of the ATC's I'd made. Nope, underexposed. Bleh.

Tried a different set up, with enough light to perform surgery by--and the batteries were gone. Needed recharging. Fine.

First Consort Gareth suggests dinner with friends. How he was able to say this so calmly and rationally to someone who was impersonating a buzzsaw is but one of the reasons he is a shoo-in for sainthood. Off we go. It's 6:30.

We came home right after dinner--and it was pushing 11:00. With a sharp stick. The service was that slow. The only redeeming factor was that the food arrived hot and well-prepared. And hey, the batteries were charged. However, when I hit the light, the bulb died. And "lightbulbs" is right there on the shopping list, indicating that we need to get more in this week's run.

I'm going to bed before the house burns down, which will undoubtedly be the next step if I attempt to thwart the will of the universe and actually take photos tonight. (It's "tonight" until I go to bed. I used to have a pin that said "Morning lasts for four hours after I get up. Good morning.") If I actually POSTED the photos tonight from the smouldering ruin, the 'net would probably crash, leaving the banks destitute and the First World reduced to tin cans and string.

Good night.

No comments: